The Drug Treatment Court is a court-supervised treatment programme to help drug dependent offenders to address their addictions and offending behaviours. Those who can apply must be over 17 years of age and have pleaded guilty to a non-violent crime in the Dublin District Court.
The programme provides:
- Adult Guidance Counselling for each client.
- A specialised educational programme specific to the Drug Treatment Court which includes FETAC accreditation in literacy, numeracy, computers, health and fitness, art, food and nutrition, work preparation, personal effectiveness.
- A Skills Programme which includes nutrition and health, time management, health and fitness, communication skills, stress management, meditation, outdoor pursuits, peer support and addiction awareness.
- Advice placement and ongoing liaison/support to clients when referred to other education, training or work placements.
- Evaluation and review of progress of every client to the Drug Treatment Court.
For more information, contact the Coordinator at (01) 874 6642 or Fax (01) 874 1414