CDETB is working in partnership with the homeless services and other agencies to increase access to education for those who are homeless. The Foundations Project offers programmes for adults and children who are using homeless services.
Services for adults include:
- Adult Education Programmes offered in Parnell Adult Education Centre, including Computers, Photography, Art, Interpersonal Skills, Healthy Living, Literacy, etc. (Some courses are FETAC certified).
- Outreach Programmes offered on-site in hostels and other homeless services, including Computers, Life Skills, Health and Fitness, etc.
- An Educational Advice and Information Service which refers students on to other education centres, college courses and arranges Education Guidance appointments, etc.
- A Settlement Skills Programme is also offered to help prepare people for re-settlement. This includes areas such as Communication Skills, Cookery, Budgeting, etc.
- Services for families/children include:
- After-schools Group (5 -9 years) (in the Parish Centre on Manor St. in Dublin 7)
- Youth Group (10 -14 years) (in Tilly’s; 16, Sean McDermott St.)
- An outreach Book Club for children living in emergency accommodation.
- A five-week Summer Project with outings etc.
- One-to-one education support for children where needed
|Parnell Adult Learning Centre, 1 Parnell Square, Dublin 1|
|Tel: (01) 873 6012
Fax: (01) 878 6658