You can enter education and become a learner at any age or stage of your life. Some learners may not have had a good experience in education first time around. Others may have had a good experience but did not have the opportunity to stay at school. The CDETB Adult Education Service provides an open, accessible, welcoming environment where you will find programmes that meet your individual needs.
You may wish to take a short journey at first. Maybe you want to take a programme that improves your literacy skills – or you may want to improve your confidence by taking a personal development programme. You may wish to go further still and take a course that offers an award that is nationally recognised. Many of our students embark on pathways that lead them to enter one of our colleges.
Programmes are provided within CDETB centres and in community settings that have been developed in cooperation with a wide range of partners.
The CDETB Adult Education Service will provide for its learners:
- A programme that meets their educational needs
- Access to guidance and support to identify and pursue their won learning goals
- A review of their needs at points on their learning journey
- One to one and small group tuition
- Free or low cost courses
- Accredited and non accredited courses
- Choice of times and venues to suit the needs of the adult learner with day and evening learning sessions available
- Ongoing access to Adult Education Guidance support.
Our service is divided into five areas across the city.
|Region 1||Region 2||Region 3||Region 4||Region 5|
|Dublin 5 Dublin Dublin 13