Today we were delighted to have Bokyeong Kim representing the Korean Ambassador, Vincent Landers from the International section at the Department of Education and Skills and a group of project partners join with our CE Carol Hanney, John Hogan and the CDETB International Desk team and CDETB senior management for a special celebration.
Certificates were presented honouring five teachers from Jeju Special Self-Governing Province and six teachers from Chuneongbuk-do Office of Education who have made invaluable contributions to our schools during their time here.
CDETB is now in its fourth year of supporting teachers from the Republic of Korea to complete professional development. Five teachers from Jeju Special Self-Governing Province come each year in September and stay with us until January (5 Months). Six Teachers from Chuneongbuk-do Office of Education come each year in November and stay with us until January (2 Months).
The programme partners include:
- Jeju Special Self-Governing Province
- Chuneongbuk-do Office of Education
- Department of Education and Skills
- Ambassador Lyeo and Korean Embassy staff
- City of Dublin Education and Training Board
- MLI International Schools (Accommodation)
- Drumcondra Education Centre
- Scoil Aine/Clontarf / St Patrick’s Primary Schools
- Pobalscoil Neasain and Portmarnock Community Schools
- Mount Temple Comprehensive School
- Dominican College, Griffith Avenue
- CDETB Colleges —Marino, Larkin, Clonturk, Eoin, Kylemore, Terenure, Rathmines and Margaret Aylward