Invitation to apply
City of Dublin ETB welcomes the opportunity to support community education providers in accessing the Mitigating Against Educational Disadvantage Fund (MAEDF) 2021
The purpose of the fund is to support community education provision targeted at adult learners, who have the highest level of need. It aims to increase the participation of disadvantaged learners, particularly those on literacy and basic skills programmes at NFQ levels 1 to 3. The fund has a strong focus on building the digital infrastructure of community education providers and increasing their capacity in delivering online learning.
Administration of the MAEDF Grant
Funds are allocated by SOLAS to the City of Dublin ETB, who is responsible for the administration and management of funding within its region.
Approved funding allocation for any activity under the MAEDF criteria:
- Must be used for the specific purpose intended
- All expenditure to be completed by 2021 year-end
- Must not to be used for any pay costs or costs of a recurring nature
- Must be compliant with DPER Circular 13/2014 governing the payment of grants
- A tax clearance certificate for the grantee organisation must accompany each application.
- A signed copy of 2020 audited accounts
- Records of MAEDF expenditure must be retained for audit purposes ie: original invoices and receipts
- Any underspend on each of the strands must be returned to CDETB
Apply for funding can be under one or more of these four strands:
1: Digital Technologies
2: Learner Assistance Fund
3: Reach Out/Mentoring
4: Covid 19 Exceptional Circumstances
Applications must be received by 5pm Friday 10th September 2021
Late applications, cannot be accepted
Application packs can be requested from the CDETB at email@example.com