In today’s Irish Times Sharon Conlon talks about returning to education at Liberties CFE and the importance of mentors. She tells Peter Maguire “I have achieved so many of my goals; now, I want to study on the Master’s programme to become an adult educator, so I can help others achieve theirs’.
Sharon spent two years studying childcare at Liberties CFE. She had, she says, “a brilliant mentor in Eileen McPartland” and still goes back to the college to see her. Sharon went on to do a degree program at DIT and graduated with first class honours. Read the full story in the Irish Times HERE.
Read the full article in today’s Irish Times HERE.
People choose PLC courses for many reasons:
• They want a job
• They want to explore their choice of career further before committing to, for example, a four year degree path.
• They want to explore a new subject area.
• They want to study as locally as possible.
• They want a cost effective course.
• They want more emphasis on the practical
• They want immediate work experience
• They want to explore an alternative route to third level
To find out what last minute vacancies are on offer at any of our Colleges of Further Education across the City of Dublin follow the links below.
Ballsbridge College of Further Education
Ballyfermot College of Further Education
Cabra Community College
Whitehall College of Further Education
St. Kevin’s College
Colaiste Dhulaigh – College of Further Education
Crumlin College of Further Education
Inchicore College of Further Education
Colaiste Ide – College of Further Educaiton
Killester College of Further Education
Marino College of Further Education
Pearse College of Further Education