Students choose a PLC course primarily because it meets their area of interest.
Ask any of the thousands of recent graduates of PLC courses why they chose a PLC course and their first answer will be that it met their area of interest. That might be in Business Studies, Computing, Sport, Mountain Leadership, Drama, Media, Catering, Beauty – the range is wide and surprising.
City of Dublin ETB has 16 colleges across the city offering over 7,000 places on a choice of over 400 courses at FETAC 5&6 ranging, A-Z, from Access Courses to Higher Education to Youth Studies and Community Work.
Students choose PLC courses for a variety of reasons. The primary reason is that the course meets their area of interest. Other reasons include:
• They want a job
• They want to explore their choice of career further before committing to, for example, a four year degree path.
• They want to explore a new subject area.
• They want to study as locally as possible.
• They want a cost effective course.
• They want more emphasis on the practical
• They want to explore an alternative route to third level
If your interest is in one of the following areas check out the Further Education section on this website and find out what’s on offer in a College of Further Education near you.
• Agriculture, Science and Computing
• Arts, Crafts and Media
• Business and Administration
• Construction and the Built Environment
• Core skills, Language and General Studies
• Education, Health and Welfare
• Engineering and Manufacturing
• Tourism, Hospitality and Sport
Picture shows Ballsbridge College of Further Education students enjoying their recent graduation night in the RDS Concert Hall.