VTOS is a programme that gives unemployed adults the opportunity to return to full time education without losing their benefits.
VTOS applicants must be:
- aged 21 or over
- unemployed for at least 6 months (156 days)
- in receipt of Social Welfare benefit or credits for at least 6 months
- in receipt of One Parent Family Allowance
- in receipt of Disability Allowance
- in receipt of Disability Benefit
Take up the VTOS challenge and immediately the benefits are:
- getting back to education
- payments equal to your Social Welfare benefits
- meal and Travel allowance
- book loan system and free materials
- you may be eligible for a crèche allowance
After VTOS, your long term bonuses can be:
- being part of the mainstream marketplace
- an increased range of lifestyle options
- perhaps further education
- skill acquisition
What does the programme involve?
Approximately thirty hours a week
It is possible to get certification in subjects for the Junior Certificate, Leaving Certificate, City and Guilds, FETAC, or other suitable qualifications.
What kind of courses are on offer?
- FIT (Fast-track Into Technology)
- Foundation Courses
- Post Leaving Certificate Courses
- Repeat Leaving Certificate Course (1 Year)
- Two-Year Leaving Certificate Courses
There are also a range of specific skills courses available in a wide range of subject areas e.g. Business, Computers, Languages, Art and Design etc.
If you want further information just contact your local VTOS Co-ordinator or CDETB Head Office at (01) 6680614