The City of Youth Service Board (CDYSB) is a committee of the City of Dublin Education and Training Board (CDETB) and was established in 1942. In accordance with the Education and Training Board’s Act 2013, the role of CDYSB is to support the provision, coordination, administration and assessment of youth services in our functional area and provide such information as may be required by the Minister for Children and Youth Affairs in relation to this support. CDYSB is also responsible to the Department of Children and Youth Affairs, the Department of Health and the Department of Education and Skills for the administration of grant aid.
CDYSB services include:
- Administering grant aid to 125 projects in Dublin City and 80 youth projects nationally on behalf of the Department of Children and Youth Affairs
- Administering grant aid to 22 interim drugs task force projects on behalf of the Drugs programme unit of the Department of Health
- Ensure the efficiency and effectiveness of management structures at local level and monitor activities, expenditure and general governance of projects
- Assisting youth projects/services and voluntary youth clubs/groups to develop and deliver services and supports to young people
- Roll-out of the National Quality Standards for Volunteer Led Youth Groups (NQSVYG)
- Developing and disseminating resource packs, guidelines and templates for youth work practice
CDYSB co-operates and works with a broad range of statutory and voluntary agencies, both at Dublin city and at national level. We are committed to maintaining strong working relationships with the CDETB, national organisations funded by CDYSB, Dublin City Council, project management committees/boards, local community development organisations, and national youth work service providers and regional youth services throughout the country. At a policy level CDYSB works with the Department of Children and Youth Affairs (DCYA), the National Youth Work Advisory Committee (NYWAC) and Education and Training Boards Ireland (ETBI).
“The stated mission of CDYSB is to promote youth work and volunteerism and to enable young people to realise their potential within their communities and a changing society”.
|Head of Operations: Celine Martin|
|70 Morehampton Road
|Tel: (01) 432 1100
Fax: (01) 432 1199